A decent Ayurvedic lifestyle programme establishes routines and dietary guidelines specific for your constitution assisting to create harmony and clear imbalance in the body-mind-soul. Such a programme includes a balance of exercise, relaxation, reflection and work. The programme includes the use of Ayurvedic herbs to promote balance and harmony of the doshas, strengthen the immune system and promote general vitality.
The keys to optimum health are good digestion. If your digestion is good then you are able to assimilate what you eat, think, feel and the experiences you have. Poor digestion is the first step to a build up of toxins in the body and eventually dis-ease.
Through your consultations with Ayurveda Wellbeing, you will learn to understand the many Ayurvedic perspectives of healthy living and how to apply them to your unique self.
Some aspects of an Ayurvedic lifestyle will include:
- Based on Ayurveda principles, learning what foods are beneficial to bring balance, harmony, and health into your life, and learn to understand the qualities of different foods.
- How to prepare foods properly, while avoiding combinations that will create toxins in the body and learning some of the basic concepts behind Ayurvedic cooking. Why digestive fire is so important and how to ensure the fire is burning at appropriate times.
- Understanding the six tastes of food and herbs and their effect.
- The importance of cooking with respect and love. Learning about the fundamental herbs of an Ayurvedic kitchen. How to use herbs to kindle your digestion and make your food more digestible.
- Learn why certain eating habits disturb your health, and how to improve your digestion.
- Learning how the seasons can affect your digestion and health and how to adjust your habits accordingly.
- Understanding why the change of seasons requires changes to your diet and how you can benefit from detoxing programs such as Panchakarma at the beginning of each season.
- Learning healthy routines, called Dinacharya, and how to integrate them into your life.
- Understanding what exercise suits to your specific constitution and the optimum amount of exercise to perform to stimulate the digestive fire (agni). Excercise helps to improve digestion, relieve constipation, and induce relaxation. Learn how to avoid dehydration, breathlessness, muscle aches, chest pain, and other problems such as arthritis, sciatica, or heart conditions, caused by over exercising.
- Understanding why both the relationships you develop with others and the one you have with yourself play a crucial role in your state of health and well-being, and how suppressed or unresolved emotions can poison your body just as much as unhealthy food combining.
- Learning about the benefits of yoga, yoga therapy, and meditation and how to adjust them according to your constitution and needs.